Weeds are one of the many reasons to get frustrated when taking care of our lawns.
They like to grow everywhere and steal the nutrients that our turf needs, leading to unhealthy grass growth.
What’s worse, they can grow quickly because they can survive with less water, as long as there is enough sunlight.
But with your lawn grass sufficiently nourished and hydrated, they have a better chance to withstand the invading vegetation.
In terms of watering your grass, PetraTools has your back!
We offer a wide selection of battery powered backpack sprayers that make watering quicker and more convenient for you.
Our powered sprayers are the most popular option among our customers for many reasons. For a great level of comfort when spraying, choose from our HD3000, HD4000, HD4100, HD4050, LT-PRO, or HD5000.
But before we talk more about our battery backpack sprayers, let’s discuss the common weeds you see on your lawn and how to get rid of them effectively.
Though they are undoubtedly beautiful, dandelions are actually unwanted vegetation.
What’s most annoying about them is their roots can extend up to 10 inches long, making them difficult to remove.
This is why it’s crucial to make your soil healthy because dandelions like to grow on bare spots.
But if these beautiful plants are already invading your lawn, you simply need to pull them up. To make it easier for you, follow these steps:
- Water your yard, so your soil softens, and pulling the weed will be easier.
- Use a spade or dandelion remover to pull each one up.
- Make sure to pull the entire top root system without breaking it.
Bindweed is a vining plant that grows persistently and is highly difficult to eliminate.
It makes its way across your lawn, fences, and even garden because its root system is very strong.
The plant can even survive with cut vines.
What you can do to get rid of it is to cut the plant back. Then, spot treat it with baking soda or vinegar.
Baking soda and vinegar work like salt in getting rid of weeds. They extract the plant’s water, so the bindweed will have extremely dry foliage, resulting in its death.
Here’s another problematic weed. Once crabgrass invades your lawn, it doesn’t let other plants thrive.
This means danger for your grass.
So, to stop this weed from overcrowding your turf, you can smother it.
Place a brick or tile on it to block the weed from getting sunlight for survival.
This approach can take several weeks to take effect though, but it’s efficient.
You can also spot treat it with baking soda or vinegar mixed with liquid dishwashing soap.
How to Prevent Weeds from Growing Back
Eliminating weeds is just one huge problem that many lawn owners experience. Preventing them from coming back is another.
That’s why you need to make sure that they don’t grow back in the first place.
The following are ways you can prevent weed growth:
- Mow your lawn regularly but only cut 1/3 from the grass blade.
- Feed your lawn with the right nutrients and organic liquid fertilizer, so the grass grows thick, green, and strong, making it difficult for weeds to compete with your growing yard. If you’re looking for a safe and effective liquid fertilizer for grass, PetraTools offers its Liquid Lawn Fertilizer 16-4-8 that ensures your grass achieves a vibrant green color. It has the slow- and quick-release nitrogen that works on the fast growth of the grass, so it can keep its healthy shape year-round.
- Overseed and fill in bare patches, so there’s no room for weeds. This also helps in making your turf thick.
- Water deep but less frequently. This hydration approach helps you build a healthier and stronger root system for your grass, overpowering shallow-rooted weeds. Use the best backpack sprayer like those from PetraTools to help you achieve your desired hydration. Our sprayers include multiple garden sprayer nozzle with different spraying patterns you can choose from.
- Leave grass clippings on your lawn as they become a natural fertilizer. They decompose naturally, releasing nutrients and water into your turf’s soil.
Dealing with weeds as soon as you can prevents further lawn problems that can get difficult to fix later on.
Make sure to understand the behavior of the weeds growing in your lawn, so you can use the best methods to remove them.
Don’t forget to check out our website to get the most reliable powered sprayer to help you take care of your lawn and deal with weeds easily!
You can also shop at our Amazon store today.